We at Manchester City of Sanctuary take your privacy very seriously. We want to make sure that we use your data how you want us to use it, and we contact you how you want to be contacted, when you want to be contacted. It’s important you know that you can change your subscription settings at any time by contacting us, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the emails you receive from us.
This Privacy Notice sets out how your personal data is collected, what it is used for and why. Please read this Privacy Notice so you are aware of how we are using your data. We will notify you if this Privacy Notice changes in respect of your data.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 21st August, 2023.
Who we are
Manchester City of Sanctuary (MCoS) is the ‘Data Controller’ and responsible for your personal data. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please email us or write to us at Manchester City of Sanctuary, C/O Levenshulme Inspire, 747 Stockport Rd, Manchester M19 3AR
Where we get your information
We get your information either from forms you fill in online or at our events.
What will we do with your information
We collect information from the following people for the following purposes:
- Supporters: To send updates about events, opportunities and co-ordinate volunteering activity.
- Suppliers: To obtain quotes, negotiate terms and perform contracts.
The lawful basis we use for processing your data is as follows:
- Volunteers and Supporters: Consent
Who your data will be shared with
We will not share your data with any third parties except for MailChimp for the following purposes:
- Supporters: To host our records of consent and mailing lists.
We will not share your data with any other third parties unless you give us your specific consent, or we are required to do so by law.
How long we will keep your data
The retention period for your data is as follows:
- Our supporters: Until you withdraw consent.
Under data protection law, you have the following rights:
- To request access to the information we hold about you
- To request correction of your personal data
- In certain circumstances, to request the deletion of your personal data;
- To object to processing of your personal data
- To request restrictions on processing your personal data
- To request transfer of your personal data
- Where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email us.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office(ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please email us in the first instance.