It is really important to us to try and offer a strong welcome to our members and, whilst safe social spaces are really important, pragmatic material help is also really a vital part of offering welcome. Over the past 12 months we have:
- Run cycling schemes where sanctuary seekers get free bikes, safety equipment and training.
- Run English Classes (often crowdfunded by the teachers themselves)
- Run theatre trips to HomeMcr and Z-arts
- Signpost volunteers and members to RAPAR, REVIVE, Boaz and other Sanctuary seeking organisations dependent on their needs
- Developed our volunteer programme for sanctuary seekers and local residents
- Facilitated volunteer placements with Manchester Museum
- Awarded the University of Manchester and Manchester Museum with the City of Sanctuary Award
- Delivered training to 100 library staff, 35 University staff and spoken on the panel of several events and conferences.