Our mission in Manchester is to help spread the City of Sanctuary network to Manchester, making it united in being a welcoming city, open and fair for all. We are a non-religious organisation who want to create a more inclusive and welcoming city to those seeking sanctuary who bring skills, enterprise, music, food and hard work to enrich our city.
We are asking that local people, community groups, businesses and organisations across Manchester promise their support. Help us get everyone in our city involved in this movement: schools, hospitals, sports clubs, businesses, faith groups, the local authority, councilors, community groups, clubs and your neighbours and friends!
Our organisational ethos is that we seek to make Manchester a more welcoming place for asylum seekers and refugees.
In terms of the Conversation Clubs and events that are aimed at Sanctuary Seekers, outcomes are;
- Increased integration within communities
- Increased social cohesion
- Decreased social isolation
- Increased feelings of well being
- Increased social networks
- Increased knowledge of local services such as libraries, art galleries and so on.
- Increased confidence and self esteem
- Increased feelings of empowerment
- Accurate signposting to other agencies
You can get involved by:
- Getting in touch to volunteer.
- Making a donation to help fund our work.
- Signing up for our mailing list and helping us spread the word about our activities.